My school of Discus

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
These are a dozen of my babies. They are just like little puppies constantly begging for food!
Nice group. Typical discus behavior when they're happy ime!

An interesting thing with discus is the reputation they have for a tendency to pick on the smallest, weakest in the group is mostly related to group size. You may or may not see it in a group of 5 or 6, but it becomes less likely as group size increases, 8, 10, or more, etc. If you do some reading on the Stendker German discus site, it's one of the things they'll tell you. I had varying results with group size when I kept discus, some smaller groups were less fussy than others, but generally I found it to be true, larger groups tend to be more peaceful ime. Equally true with angelfish ime.

In one tank I had, the colorless runt that didn't grow for months wasn't picked on really, but seemed reticent to compete for food. Eventually he became the biggest and one of the prettiest of the bunch, and one of the bosses of the tank. :)

Pudmuppy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hey Jacob! Would love to chat more to you about your discus but I can't see how to do private messages? Is there any way to drop you a line directly? Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store