My silver arowana broke its jaws plzz help

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
If you have a public aquarium or zoo with fish in their exhibits then you have veterinarians that treat fish.
True, but these vets are probably quite busy with their regular jobs and I'd be very surprised if they serviced the general public. Certainly worth a try though with a phone call or two (but in OP's case time is of essence, the fish is likely in pain and suffering).

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I might also add that while it might be different in the US/Europe, I can almost guarantee you that a public aquarium or zoo here in SEA would not go through the trouble or expense of such an operation as specified in the paper you linked to, even if they did have the capability/knowledge -- in fact I'm quite sure they would do exactly what other posters and myself are recommending with sad hearts: put the fish out of its misery.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Yeah I'm not sure how to fix it, you might be able to gently try to move it back into place, but i would suggest euthanizing it if that doesn't work.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I was avoiding the thread on purpose...Really sorry for your loss. It must have been a hard thing to experience...

Reactions: TheReefer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store