My Son's loach

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
My son picked this out at our LFS about 2 yrs ago. About 2-2.5" at the time, now a little over 5". Though these do best in a group, he was a little nasty to my group of 20 clown loaches in the beginning. Been better since, and just chills in his own driftwood hole with my L25. Anyone got one bigger?

IMG_7270.JPG

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Wow he looks awesome! I've been tempted to get one also but been holding back cause I have some peaceful loaches. I know that they will hold their own against my tiger and skunks but it's my other peaceful loaches I'm worried about. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and get one since I like them.

Barbs and Barbels

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
He`s a beauty al right. He may have been pushy because you only had the one but that is conjecture on my part as I have never owned one.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Only big guys I ever see are nasty. 7inches the biggest I've seen and was destroying clowns like it was its job

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
Only big guys I ever see are nasty. 7inches the biggest I've seen and was destroying clowns like it was its job
The clowns have learned to stay away from his territory. I used to see him chasing them away, and scratches on them. But, this past 8 months they seem okay. No issues anymore. Got a 6" Leptobotia Elongata that I never see, and a 5" YoYo also in this loach tank.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I have 3 of these in my 120. Kind of an ecclectic mix of cichlids that I want to get rid of and try something different.
The 3 modestas I have spend most of their time in the rockwork. I have lots of rocks all around the lower area of the tank with lots of territories. They come out and hover around the rocks. Very interesting fish. Every day since I got them they have become more bold. Originally they hid for the first couple of days.

I would be tempted to just add more and have a larger group. very cool fish and mine completely ignore the other fish. probably because of the amount of hiding places.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store