My The Wet Spot find!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Cool, you actually did it. What are the other fish, the reddish/yellow ones?
It's frustrating for me you will soon have 100s of HRPs and I can't find a single one here in Australia!

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Cool, you actually did it. What are the other fish, the reddish/yellow ones?
It's frustrating for me you will soon have 100s of HRPs and I can't find a single one here in Australia!
The list of inhabitants
HRPs 1m3f (one of the girls turned out to be a male so actually 2m2f)
Nanolutea 1m3f (gold Convict)
Firemouth x8
Porthole cats x4 (Dianema longibarbis)
Bushy nose pleco x2. (Blue eyed albino)
Red eye tetras x20. (Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae)
Swordtails 3m6f. (Albino red)

Don't think the Swordtails will work in this tank. They hide in that narrow area your lights don't light up at the top of the tank while the lights are on. As soon as they go off they swim all over. Must be light sensitive. Being a planted tank cant really leave the lights off all the time.... should have gotten Pineapple or Marigolds

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
The list of inhabitants
HRPs 1m3f (one of the girls turned out to be a male so actually 2m2f)
Nanolutea 1m3f (gold Convict)
Firemouth x8
Porthole cats x4 (Dianema longibarbis)
Bushy nose pleco x2. (Blue eyed albino)
Red eye tetras x20. (Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae)
Swordtails 3m6f. (Albino red)

Don't think the Swordtails will work in this tank. They hide in that narrow area your lights don't light up at the top of the tank while the lights are on. As soon as they go off they swim all over. Must be light sensitive. Being a planted tank cant really leave the lights off all the time.... should have gotten Pineapple or Marigolds
Wow, you went in hard with the stock straight away. Hopefully it will keep aggression under control if they were all added in together. Are you worried the cons will be too aggressive with the firemoutjs when they breed?
Looking forward to you starting a thread on this tank like you do with the other tanks you've had, will be a change from your usual aggressive giants!

jonclark96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
Frederick MD
Be careful with the nanoluteus. I never had any luck keeping them with other cichlids. They are very meek and will get out-competed for food and territory. Each time i tried it, they eventually became stressed and died.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Be careful with the nanoluteus. I never had any luck keeping them with other cichlids. They are very meek and will get out-competed for food and territory. Each time i tried it, they eventually became stressed and died.
Thanks for this, I will keep an eye on them.

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
that's exactly what I have in mind for my 80 gallon planted tank. currently 5 large male angel fish. will follow the progress of your tank

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Wow, you went in hard with the stock straight away. Hopefully it will keep aggression under control if they were all added in together. Are you worried the cons will be too aggressive with the firemoutjs when they breed?
Looking forward to you starting a thread on this tank like you do with the other tanks you've had, will be a change from your usual aggressive giants!
Yes I am going to make a journal of the new setup. I was waiting till next payday after I drop in another $100 in plants. At the moment there are only seven plants so kinda bare in that department. Definitely not in the fish stocking tho, 51 of them in there. So far it's s going great. There is no aggression between the different species. Yes the FMs do their gill flaring like mad jostling for top spot. I got a pair of HRPs starting to form. Everyone is around and inch in size so we got a lot of growth left.

Me and the new roomate have decided that both the six foot tanks will stay out in the living, dinning area. So in time I plan to get a pair of 40breeders for my room. If anyone don't work out in the 125 they will get moved to them. Already plan to move them albino red Swordtails and get a more common ones like Marigolds or Pineapple. 20190613_092327.jpg20190614_113207.jpg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I don't have the Nanos yet, was going to pick them up today. Give them another week to color up some in store, were hard to tell m/f last week. Think I will hold off on them and give them a 40b. Pair of Jewel's in the other.
What's in the 125 now seems to be doing great so far. No fights between FMs and HRPs. No picking on any of the non cichlids. Only been a week, so far so good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store