My Tiger Fish.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry for the loss. A beautiful fish. And lots of luck with the new one.
I know nothing about tiger fish, but apart from the apparently frequent death 'because of no reason' and getting spooked against the walls, what is the natural life span of tiger fish? Are they kind of a grow fast, live fast and short lifespan kind of fish?
Again, I am sorry and good luck.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Sorry for the loss. A beautiful fish. And lots of luck with the new one.
I know nothing about tiger fish, but apart from the apparently frequent death 'because of no reason' and getting spooked against the walls, what is the natural life span of tiger fish? Are they kind of a grow fast, live fast and short lifespan kind of fish?
Again, I am sorry and good luck.
Thanks :). And they don’t grow as fast as South American fish. They take their time in growing. Which makes their random deaths even more brutal. I had my guy for about 2 years. Went from 4” to 15”.

Reactions: Matteus

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Man that's horrible! Sorry to hear :(

Reactions: sunnysjourney

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
These fis don't do well in square tanks period! So many I have seen perish because of that #1 reason. They require a setup similar to a shark. Round is best and deflects them from head on collisions. Soooo many die from head trauma due to those collisions. I stand behind what I am doing by keeping my 3' gatf in a round fiberglass tank. I feel many people misinterpret that they are game fish not tropical fish. Whatever u think u know u can toss most of it out the window. Sorry to see u lose the tiger. Glad to hear ur making preparations before u take on another one....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store