My wife's puffer fish

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
Really what giant size tank do you need to keep one long term. Do you have one?
I wish! I settled on a figure 8 for the coffee table in a 20L with a 206, almost zero maintenance even with daily feedings, however is brackish.

I believe Cory from Co-op is upgrading his 300g to a 600g for his fahaka. I have heard/read to expect that area, Puffers are powerful swimmers and when they choose to open their tail wide and go full force you defiantly want them to have more than the minimum room. I was blown away swimming with larger saltwater puffers in Hawaii. They would let me closer than any other fish and It was clear why. With a quarter flick of the tail and this fish was down 40 to 60 feet, seriously looked like it teleported compared to everything else in the water.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I wish! I settled on a figure 8 for the coffee table in a 20L with a 206, almost zero maintenance even with daily feedings, however is brackish.

I believe Cory from Co-op is upgrading his 300g to a 600g for his fahaka. I have heard/read to expect that area, Puffers are powerful swimmers and when they choose to open their tail wide and go full force you defiantly want them to have more than the minimum room. I was blown away swimming with larger saltwater puffers in Hawaii. They would let me closer than any other fish and It was clear why. With a quarter flick of the tail and this fish was down 40 to 60 feet, seriously looked like it teleported compared to everything else in the water.
Does he have a fahaka or mbu puffer.

Reactions: dr exum

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
LMAO what do you consider a large tank. Can you show me some 18 inch fahakas so I can see what to expect.
By large tank I was think 180 gallons (72x24x24) or larger. As for pics, one of the shops iO frequent in Charlotte, NC has a 12 incher in a 150 tall with a bunch of Bosemani rainbows. I'll grab some pics next time I'm there.

Reactions: dr exum

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
By large tank I was think 180 gallons (72x24x24) or larger. As for pics, one of the shops iO frequent in Charlotte, NC has a 12 incher in a 150 tall with a bunch of Bosemani rainbows. I'll grab some pics next time I'm there.
No need to get pictures of the 12 inch fish I thought you had a line in one that was 18 inches. And I already have tanks larger than 180 gallons .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store