Need decoration ideas

Scrappy71113

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
So, I now have an empty 75 gallon aquarium. Since I'm not ready to go out and buy a new fish, I was thinking about taking my time on it and making a super cool, post apocalyptic scene.
I went to Walmart and bought a pair of skulls for this today. I'm not a huge fan of artificial decor, but I'm also not against it.
However, I would like to lean more towards the natural. And I would like to keep it more "underwater" looking. So like a sunken post apocalyptic scene I guess.

So first of all, I need ideas or inspiration for a background.

Second of all, I need a way to incorporate the PVC pipes into the scene so they aren't just THERE. This is probably going to be the future home of another oscar, so preferably pitbull proof ideas lol.

I'll post up all of the progress made here for anyone who might want to follow the project. And I'll try to sketch out what I plan on doing with what I currently have and post it below. ?

Reactions: Tunabish

Scrappy71113

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
Don't judge my drawing skills ?

The "grass" is a java moss carpet that I already started.
The red lumps are lava rock.
The plants growing out of the lava rocks are hornwort.

And I understand that any oscar I get is going to trash this current idea, but I'm okay with that. And besides, it's post apocalyptic, all the fish will be doing is adding to the "apocalyptic chaos."

20210218_185008.jpg

Reactions: Tunabish

Scrappy71113

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
I'm sure no one is watching this, but I'm going to keep updating anyway. Mostly for the fun of it.

So, as of right now, I've downgraded my pump. So I was able to take one of the drain systems out.
Got all of the medicated and salted water out of the tank, so I was able to put my plants back in.
I also re ran my air lines so they're less visible.
I'm going to focus on getting these plants well established and growing well. I'm also going to work on the overall visual aspect.
I plan on making some sliding glass lids and bringing the lights out a little bit so they're more centered over the tank.

This tank looks so lonely without my baby in it.

20210219_203502.jpg

20210219_203456.jpg

Jim bean 20055

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2020
Man we think alike. I really want some hornwort to cover the back wall of my tank and get some to carpet the bottom. (I'm trying to do a shrimp breeding project)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store