Need hello ASAP plz!

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
So my flowerhorn has been on it's side like in the picture for the last 3 days. I really don't know why. The first night I saw him like this I turned off all the filters and added a basic disease treatment into the tank. I also used CLEAR on him incase it was a internal stomach issue. Next day he was pooping yellow so it went into his system. He will swim here and there but not a lot. My water temp is at 85*f and my ph is at 7.6. No nitrates or nitrite in the tank. No ammonia either. Idk if you can see it busy his body is curved and I'm not sure why. Today I gave him some carnivore sinking pellets and he ate them as they fell close to his mouth. Maybe 3-4.

I know you guys are experts at this stuff so, what is wrong and how can I fix him? He's maybe a year old.

image.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So my flowerhorn has been on it's side like in the picture for the last 3 days. I really don't know why. The first night I saw him like this I turned off all the filters and added a basic disease treatment into the tank. I also used CLEAR on him incase it was a internal stomach issue. Next day he was pooping yellow so it went into his system. He will swim here and there but not a lot. My water temp is at 85*f and my ph is at 7.6. No nitrates or nitrite in the tank. No ammonia either. Idk if you can see it busy his body is curved and I'm not sure why. Today I gave him some carnivore sinking pellets and he ate them as they fell close to his mouth. Maybe 3-4.

I know you guys are experts at this stuff so, what is wrong and how can I fix him? He's maybe a year old.

View attachment 1239291

You should have a reading of Nitrates. List all parameters and I suggest doing a wc and don't add anymore meds.

Reactions: Empyreal

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
You should have a reading of Nitrates. List all parameters and I suggest doing a wc and don't add anymore meds.
I did a water change the night I saw him like this. The ph is 7.8, nitrites look to be 0 and so does the nitrates. I did the test yesterday. Also I thought nitrates is a killer? Or is it the nitrites that is the killer? I forget.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I did a water change the night I saw him like this. The ph is 7.8, nitrites look to be 0 and so does the nitrates. I did the test yesterday. Also I thought nitrates is a killer? Or is it the nitrites that is the killer? I forget.

Nitrites are the most toxic but nitrates can be if not kept in check with weekly wc's. Not trying to annoy you just trying to help retest your nitrates shake the hell out of the bottles. Check expiration dates on the nitrate bottles.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
Nitrites are the most toxic but nitrates can be if not kept in check with weekly wc's. Not trying to annoy you just trying to help retest your nitrates shake the hell out of the bottles. Check expiration dates on the nitrate bottles.
Alright I will do another test now and see what happens. Also, should I turn down my air pump or leave it on high? I turned it down and he seems to be trying to swim more...idk if that because there's less bubbles no creating less oxygen? I'm also going to do a water change again.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Alright I will do another test now and see what happens. Also, should I turn down my air pump or leave it on high? I turned it down and he seems to be trying to swim more...idk if that because there's less bubbles no creating less oxygen? I'm also going to do a water change again.

Leave air pump on high for now btw do you have any prime for your wc's.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Dieboldly Dieboldly what type of filter are you using on the aquarium?

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
It
Dieboldly Dieboldly what type of filter are you using on the aquarium?
i have to hob filters from marineland. It's the 350 version. I don't think they are doing the job...I think I need to upgrade to a canister filter and I might just do that now!

Reactions: tlindsey

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
Okay. Can someone explain to me how this happened! I went from 0 nitrates and 0 nitrite last night to this! Look at the pics. I let the test sit for 5 mins before doing the results

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store