NEED HELP ASAP. Arowana puked and flarimg gills

Predkeep561

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2020
South Florida
Ok, so I just got a baby arowana about 2 days ago. He's about 3 inches. He ate a couple guppies like 20 minutes after I put him in the tank. Everything seemed fine. Well he was in a 75 with my baby CKF and they didn't seem to get along. So I got a 20 gal and set it up for him. He's been in there for about an hour but he was like flaring his gills or it kinda looked like he was stretching his mouth real quick. Then he stopped so it seemed fine again. Now he just puked up a little bit of white stuff. I'm not TOO worried. I'm just making sure I don't NEED to be

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Keep the water clean (nitrates <40 and cycled)and reduce any stress.

Reactions: tlindsey

Predkeep561

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2020
South Florida
I actually jus recently moved and I can't find my f*#cking test kit anywhere. So at the moment I can't test any of my water. I just like to believe I've done this enough times that I don't neeeeddd the kit persay. But I wish I had it. I've been draining/filling tanks, switching fish around and its been hell without that test kit

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
What do u usually do to reduce nitrates? Any tips?
Best way is water changes.
Change 50% or more and you remove 50% of the nitrates. Do this several days in a row and you drop your nitrates drastically
Say you start at 40. First change your at 20, next 10, next 5.

Reactions: Predkeep561
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store