NEED HELP ASAP

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
does melafix really work? my pacu has bitten my catfish several times and he is gettin fin rot. PLUS HE RIPPED A PORTION OF MY OSCARS BOTTOM LIP OFF!!!!!.

im seperating the pacu to himself

what should i do? what meds should i buy?!!?!?!?

Bud_Man_Jr

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Evansville, Wisconsin
you oscar may not make it just give him some tlc and food that he can just suck in and mealfisx.give your catfish melafix and put aquarium salt in both.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
The oscar should make it just fine as long as you keep him in pristine water conditions. I use melafix and it works like a charm but I was told not to use it anymore because it is just better to use lots of WC and salt. When my catfish was recovering from getting part of his gills ripped off I gave him about a half dose of melafix and did wc EVERYDAY. Oh and I made sure he was fed very well. The better fed a fish is the faster he heals. Good luck and I hope they both pull around!

Chad

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i say seprate them salt an warm water no gravel, in my opion, because with out it, it heal faster for some weird reason???:screwy:

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Melafix can help but is not a cure-all, salt at low levels (1 tbs/5 g) also helps promote healing.

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
my oscar actually still eats...wat a trooper....but my catfish isn't excited to see food as he was before...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store