Need Help from camera experts- Sony Alpha 300 DSLR

crazycichlid

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Gold Coast
So yeah, it isn't in the same league as canon or nikon, but it was cheap. It came with a DT 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 standard zoom lens. I know next to nothing about cameras but like to take pics. Wanted suggestions on lens i should try to obtain ( including one for macro shots). What are the price ranges i should be looking at ( so i wont get ripped off). Also on a side note- what is a good lens cleaner kit for dslr cameras....can u guys tell i am a noob :lol:
also while i am at it any suggestions for a wireless flash.
thanks in advance.
cc

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Real Name
Gerry
I wish I was more familiar with Sony gear so I could help. What I'd suggest is looking on your local craigslist or kijiji for used gear. I'm quite certain ebay will serve you well except you can't really tell who's who on ebay whereas with a private purchase you can see the equipment and the owner before you buy. A good macro lens could be anywhere between 60mm and 200mm, literally. What do you plan on shooting with your gear?

crazycichlid

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Gold Coast
thanks for the info. I plan on shooting mostly aquatic photo but want to also do some wild life. Easy to get started with all the insects around the house.
cc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store