Need help with Ph/kh/gh

Jaddon

Feeder Fish
May 28, 2018
East Coast, USA
First question-
My tap water ph is 8.8 I use Seachem Prime. My tanks has regular stone gravel.
Both tanks has a caf 10 sponge filter and a few air stones.

My 20g tank (1/2 full) has two Clarkii separated by a divider. Each has a ceramic coffee cup to hide in. Also I have a filter. My Ph has gone down to 7.2 in that tank.

My 30g long tank (1/2 full) has one Clarkii living in it and two pcp pipes. That filter I have bio-balls in it. My ph has gone down to 6.8

I did about an 25% water change two days ago in both tanks. Is something I’m doing lowering my PH? I haven’t used anything to lower it or higher it. My goal is I would like it to be around 7.5 for my crayfish. Anyone have any idea how I can get my PH to stay at that level? Thanks

Second question
When I test the kh in my tanks, it says to count how many drops it takes to turn from blue to yellow. I put one drop after shaking it, it doesn’t turn blue but looks like a pale yellow. I can’t figure out what that means. When I test my tap - first drop turns blue second turn it yellow.
Can someone please explain what this means? Thanks

Third question
How many drops would be the best for crayfish? On the paper it comes with it says 8-10 for intvertebrates that seems to high and the person at the fish shop said we need 3 drops for the results.

I have googled and looked for these answers without any luck. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store