thanks for your help

also thanks for the quick responce i'll post pics when im done

k??

SAGE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
CA
also this is my first time keeping oscars, what is thier ph ?? and water temp.. ?? is there anything else important i should know??

R DUNNE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2005
MANCHESTER
SAGE said:
also this is my first time keeping oscars, what is thier ph ?? and water temp.. ?? is there anything else important i should know??
i wouldnt worry. just carry out 30% water change weekly and use a good TapSafe, the oscars will be fine in the fresh water. oscars are dirty fish so id advice a gravel sweeper aswell. with regards to there ph ect they are typical of most and will thrive in ph7, temp26c. how i could help...

xmixmasterx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
VA
PH should be high, just like other cichlids they prefer alkaline. I keep my oscars at about 8 to 8.2. That also helps keep ammonia/ nitrite down. Temperature is up to you, the higher the more active and hungry. The lower the temp the less active, less they will grow. I keep my oscars at 78-80 degrees. Also higher temps keep disease away in any fish. Make sure you don't feed your oscars too many rosies and/ or gold fish. unlike other cichlids they can't use that much protien in their diet (no matter how much they love to chase them). Buy them guppies instead, it may be more expensive, but they won't get hole in the head disease.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
good luck guy, keep us posted on how your oscars are doing okay :)

SAGE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
CA
:headbang2 update:

well coudlnt get the bio spira cause the store closed early, but now i have the oscars in the tank as well as this other fish but i dont know what kind is it.I'll post pics when i can so u guys can see,anyways fish are doing fine.. lets see have the filter running, heater, and bubbles for oxygen...

tomorrow imma buy the bio spira just in case i need it other than that thank you alll for responding fast :D it really helped out and hopefully soon I will have pics up for you guys to see my new 80g tank

?, can i feed my oscars some feeder fish??i know u can but what kind and how much per week ???

thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store