Need suggestions for my first planted tank

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Very much appreciated, not only the tip, but also story about your turtle. You can add me to your list of those enriched by your turtle's hair algae (or at least hearing about it), because reading about it provided some nice enrichment for me as well :)

In case I ever decide I want the algae gone in favor of something like salvinia, I'll be trying that photoperiod divvying. But for now, I quite like the hair algae.
Not only is it taking care of the nitrogenous waste, it looks somewhat like a giant moss ball (or at least it will when it finishes taking over from the hornwort).

And there may be 12 more additions to your list of those enriched by your turtle's hair algae :), since I also have snail eaters with my hair algae (mentioned earlier on this page, you can easily figure out what they are if you haven't already). They may take enrichment from hunting snails down within it like your turtle does if I can move enough of the tank's snails into it for them to start seeing it as a snail source (there are only a few in it right now).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store