Need the advice of the most advanced fishkeepers here. Vet experience a plus or Pathology.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
considered UV?

Reactions: Deadeye

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Hadn't thought of that! ?
i made an investment 10 months ago or so , had some illness running through some of my stock… nothing has gotten sick since it’s been running - i try to provide best water i can for them…. there a trick to getting 20% off aqua ultraviolet - a member here steered me to them… i have 3 brands i use here from cheap to not so cheap…

it’s pricey in set up and electric -

my “brick” oscar says hello and

GL!

3C4D5E56-8EE4-403E-9FC8-4A5A75ADA422.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: FINWIN and Deadeye

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
i made an investment 10 months ago or so , had some illness running through some of my stock… nothing has gotten sick since it’s been running - i try to provide best water i can for them…. there a trick to getting 20% off aqua ultraviolet - a member here steered me to them… i have 3 brands i use here from cheap to not so cheap…

it’s pricey in set up and electric -

my “brick” oscar says hello and

GL!

View attachment 1480805
How big is your Oscar and how old? Looks like he's having a good time, lol.

Reactions: dr exum and Deadeye

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
How big is your Oscar and how old? Looks like he's having a good time, lol.
He’s 10” or so and i’ve had him two years via TUIC - he’s a picky guy that loves his massivore

Reactions: FINWIN and Deadeye

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Patch's UV sterilizer arrives today. She's getting clean tank water daily. Once again her lump is receding (from the back to the front). She had an epsom/meth blue treatment two days ago. The thing almost looked like a big pimple wanting to burst after the bath. She's still acting pretty normal, although her feed was off for two days from water medication. For now I'm concentrating on the medicated feed and clean water. She's been relaxing near the heater (one of her favorite spots). Temps are at 82.3.

The vet is apparently swamped, I have extended waits for consult.

Reactions: Deadeye and dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store