NEEDING PEANUT-powers help, IS pike.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Crenicichla sp. 'venezuela' for sure man! They are gonna turn into NICE, CHUNKY beasts...lol....yup yup. They are a bit more aggressive of pikes though, specially when they hit subadult. Great personalities though! 240gal wit just pikes...:D...now your talkin! I'm doing one of my 125s that way and the 300gal that way as well. Woot! Just gonna start settin up pike tankz....hehe...

Loubard...if those are TRUE strigatas I will be impressed. A lotta fish come in labeled as strigatas and turn out to be something else...TRUE strigatas are HARD to get....;)...be interesting to see them as they get larger...the second picture is almost for sure venezuela though...;)

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I use to have a huge Crenicichla sp. 'venezuela' it was easily 17-18". I put it in my freinds tank and it ate a few of his Hemichormis elongatus.

thatfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
mass
right now there really stressed. the pet store didnt have an heaters in tank an well DUH my tanks are heated. i can't wait to see what these guys look like, just glad my b/f likes pike like i do, so its easy to just have them.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
Nice Looking Pikes :thumbsup: :headbang2 , Id clean that filter intake though.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Ur a chick? I'm sooo confused....lol...ur user handle says thatfishGUY...lol...oh well....learn sumptin new each day. I keep all my SA cichlids at 83 degrees min....so bump up your temp for the pikes, they will appreciated it....they should be pretty light colored, almost silver, as they get older they will get darker, then they will go into their subadult...then finally adult coloration. Kewl to watch, 'venezuela's color change isn't as dramatic as the other pikes, but still freakin kewl. They said they were eels? Geez...i wanna shop there! I could get soem wicked deals on some rare pikes! :D

thatfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
mass
yup, im a chick i made the mistake of letting hmi made the handle for this site.... since im the person mainly doing the fish stuff.

thatfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
mass
they were in my b/f lil brothers tank( i dont touch that) while i cleaned an did a water change in my tank. just can't leave them out cats are very noisey.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store