Neocaridina Davidi?

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
I had a 20 gallon that was well cycled and had some neocaridina davidi (red, blue, yellow, orange, green, blue rili, red rili, all sorts of kinds) and they all died, my nitrates were low, my ammonia was low, I had in food and drift wood and all sorts of other stuff and they still just died off, any ideas why? I want to know because I might start up another shrimp tank, should I keep only one type of shrimp (like only red cherry shirmp) or can I mix them? my main worry is just making sure they'll live and reproduce

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
What were the parameters? pH, NO2, NO3, kH, gH, &c.? I know you said nitrates and ammonia were low, but how low? How was the tank setup?

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
What were the parameters? pH, NO2, NO3, kH, gH, &c.? I know you said nitrates and ammonia were low, but how low? How was the tank setup?
the tank was a 20 long with some gravel, cycled for a month, I had the ph around 6.5, nitrite 0, nitrate maybe 5 ppm at most, ammonia at 0, i forgot the kh and gh exactly, i believe it was something like 300 ppm for gh, I had a bunch of fake plants. some drift wood and a hang on the back filter on it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store