New 125g build stock list

OZZ1978

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Chicago, IL
Ok so I’ve got the sand and rockwork all setup in my tank and it’s all up and running. Ill get some pics up tonight. I think I’ve narrowed down my species list. I want to do metriaclima chilumba Luwino reef and Msobos. I love the color addition that the female msobos add to the tank. I think I’ll start with 8 individuals of each and trim down to one male 4 females in the Luwino reef and 1 or 2 males and 6 females on the msobos. Now trying to decide what third species to add. I considered demansoni as it’s one of my favorites but that might be too much blue (color wise) in the tank. I know the rule is only one BB species per tank but I see many keeping them together just fine so it would work I believe. Color wise though I’m wondering if there’s something else I should add to brighten the tank up. I’m not sure.

Suggestions??

Last edited:

OZZ1978

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Chicago, IL
Btw I emailed Dave’s rare fish with some questions about his stock on Monday and haven’t heard anything back yet. Does anyone know if his msobo stock has the deep orange females or the dirty yellow type? Also does anyone know what his Luwino reef stock looks like?

OZZ1978

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Chicago, IL
Just got off the phone with Dave. Super nice guy. According to him the females from his msobo stock are very orange. So I placed an order for 10 Zebra Chilumba Luwino Reef and 10 Msobo all juvis around 1.5-2” so I will grow them out and thin out the extra males if necessary. Still deciding on a third species to add. I’m almost tempted to try an auratus group in there too but that’s probably asking for trouble.

Im open to suggestions!

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Was Dave OK with having 2 Metriaclima species in the tank? He MUCH prefers the phone to email.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store