new 75 gallon, stocking ideas

coopers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
hey ya'll, new too the site, but not to the hobby. just picked up a new 75 gallon for the front living room. running a fluval 306 and penguin 350 hang on for filtration. im going to be putting a pair of firemouths in it, they're at the 3'' mark. is their anything else i can add. i was thinking a severum with a small school of black skirts or columbian tetras. ive also got a couple albino bristle nose plecos chilling in a 30 gallon that i was thinking about introducing to the tank. thanks for the feedback.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
hey ya'll, new too the site, but not to the hobby. just picked up a new 75 gallon for the front living room. running a fluval 306 and penguin 350 hang on for filtration. im going to be putting a pair of firemouths in it, they're at the 3'' mark. is their anything else i can add. i was thinking a severum with a small school of black skirts or columbian tetras. ive also got a couple albino bristle nose plecos chilling in a 30 gallon that i was thinking about introducing to the tank. thanks for the feedback.
Severum are usually pretty peaceful, but I would avoid keeping them with tetras because anything that fits in a fishs' mouth is seen as food.

You're list is fine other than the tetras. I keep my Firemouths with Severum and they get along fine. If you want some color try Electric Blue Acaras. They are also peaceful so all the fish should get along well.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

coopers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
im just thinking that their should be some dithers in the tank for when the fm's spawn.

coopers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
maybe the 2 fm's and silver dollars, they tend to get big. id really like a severum in there though. i just dont want him getting beat up by spawning firemouths, hoping the columbian tetras could distract them away from the severum.

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
maybe the 2 fm's and silver dollars, they tend to get big. id really like a severum in there though. i just dont want him getting beat up by spawning firemouths, hoping the columbian tetras could distract them away from the severum.
I don't think the tetras would be fast enough, maybe some danios

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store