New Addition (addiction)

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I have zero experience with Bichirs, but decided to get one a week ago. This guy was labeled as a Palmas but a few Bichir experts told me that he's actually a Lap. He's around 10" now ( I paid $60 for him, which isn't too bad right?), and tankmates are 1 11.5" GATF, 1 6" Curu wolf, 1 10" irwini and 4 6" tiger scats. The tank is 135 Gallons.

On monday I noticed that this guy had ick, so I upped the temp, added salt and did a water change on wednesday, the ick is gone now. Phew! :)

Last edited:

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
It is WC nigerian lap, looks awesome:)
Thanks for the proper ID :). And thank you, I went to the lfs just to look at whats there but picked this guy up as soon as I saw it :). Also, I've been reading up on bichirs a lot and its amazing how much difference there is between WC ones and CB ones.

EDIT: Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 just noticed you're from the Bay! Me too! I picked this guy up from Superway in Hayward.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Thanks for the proper ID :). And thank you, I went to the lfs just to look at whats there but picked this guy up as soon as I saw it :). Also, I've been reading up on bichirs a lot and its amazing how much difference there is between WC ones and CB ones.

EDIT: Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 just noticed you're from the Bay! Me too! I picked this guy up from Superway in Hayward.
No problem, really, nice to see someone from the bay getting into polys:)
What part of the bay you from?

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Hey guys. Is this the infamous lap from lfs in Hayward?

Edit: I just read that post regarding Superway. Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store