New algae eaters but no algae wafers

WaterWaffle

Exodon
MFK Member
May 19, 2018
I recently got 3 dwarf Chinese algae eaters and a poor pleco for my fish tank. They were supposed to be snails to clean up the algae in the tank but i'm stuck with my new fish for good. Unfortunately, they didn't come with algae wafers and the algae in the tank is already cut in half after just a day and I know it wont sustain them for very long. Do I have to get them algae wafers or will they be okay if I feed them a variety of veggies. I know the pleco will get very big and specifically said do not get any plecos but i'm stuck with the poor guy now and will do everything in my power to build a pond before he grows too big. Thank you in advance for all your help!!!

TacoRolla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Calgary
I know this isn’t relevant but I just caught my cat whiskers deep in my bag of algae wafers eating them all lol.and yea I second the bits of zucchini and cucumber,if they won’t sink I will just stick a fork through it and let the pleco have his feed and then remove the fork later !

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
French cut green beans. I am amazed how many of my fish love them. Panda garra, six species of barbs and even some platies pick at them. But of course I originally started using them for my BN plecos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store