New Bolt cat

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice pick up. Yea they are expensive. Looking forward to see it grow out.

Reactions: Rpul

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Nice pick up. Yea they are expensive. Looking forward to see it grow out.
Got to pay to play. Nice pickup.
You guys may not realize what expensive means in the UK going prices. Their lima shovelnose are like 40 pounds. We are rotten spoiled here in the states. My bolts cost $90 each. I'd not be surprised if Rpul's guy is double or triple that easily.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
You guys may not realize what expensive means in the UK going prices. Their lima shovelnose are like 40 pounds. We are rotten spoiled here in the states. My bolts cost $90 each. I'd not be surprised if Rpul's guy is double or triple that easily.
Your right I didn't know. I was thinking rpul probably paid the same as you. 2-3x that is bloody expensive.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
That is so true viktor. Cats and most exotic fishes is expensive as hell here in europe. Id say rays is getting cheaper over here depending on the species. But you can get a normal potamotrygon motoro for 70-80usd here in sweden. Black rays costs more but still not extremly expensive.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Viktor’s spot on this little
3.5”/4”fish knocked me back nearly £200.
Wow. About 1/2 the cost here in the states.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
1 Pound sterling equals 1.3 United States Dollar. So £200 = $260.

Wow. About 1/2 the cost here in the states.
Alice, when get out of the rabbit hole and back in our non inverted world, it signifies "2x the cost".

I know, I know. It was ambiguous. I couldn't resist. If it was a trap, you win.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Saw the markings on this one in Pier on the website. Never seen one so light colour. wasn't sure if he was new in or last of the batch that came with the vultures in november as couldn't tell size in picture but Now I know he was new in, from Peru shipment?
Will be good to see yours develop.
Did he only have the one Jau, planning a trip over on Saturday as there were a few things on the list I fancied but yet again you spotted them and got there first.
wanted a Jau and leiarius pictus but very frustrating to see them sold!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store