New catfish

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Bullseye is gone along with everything else in my 40g. I’m on my way home and getting my pacu to drop off at a petco. And for my 40g. I got a blue whale catfish that’s currently about 2” and he will be the only thing in the 40g as a predator like I wanted. And the only 75 they had was 400$ but I didn’t have enough money so I’m going to try to find something on fb marketplace. Also I know my tank is kinda all over the place but the parameters are still good so I’m going to be doing a water change everyday until it’s cleaned up.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
No. Wanted to but never had the chance. Feeding time will display their reputation.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
No. Wanted to but never had the chance. Feeding time will display their reputation.
Was told at the store it could stay in 40 for life. Also said almost completely blind but will rip eyes and stomachs out of anything. Thinking about naming him Daredevil after the marvel character

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Looks fun! I think I read 18 inch width is better.
Love the name Daredevil!
I would name it Orca, killer whale catfish! Can’t wait to see it in action!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Looks fun! I think I read 18 inch width is better.
Love the name Daredevil!
I would name it Orca, killer whale catfish! Can’t wait to see it in action!
It’s going to be species only. It should be good in my tank I think. Was told the common size is 8” in aquariums but on very rare occasions have there been reports of them over 1’

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store