New Del? Petco find

B1GC0UNTRY

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2020
Saw this guy in a display along with a 3” silver arowana at the Petco in Temecula. About 3” long and super skinny. No issues feeding so far, already chasing the RCS in my 29 gal community tank / grow out. Doesn’t have any really distinguished stripes like my larger Del. Different species? Stress? Or just too small to tell? Thanks

A4FA6721-8C65-4B7A-8144-3D3B33FD35AC.jpeg

B1GC0UNTRY

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2020
Awesome, wasn’t hoping for anything just wanted to see from some experts. Curious if the external gills come back. My other Del had them for months.

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Nice bichir. Really lucky find, especially for a petco.

One by me had a ornate for $10, if I had a tank big enough I totally would have gotten it.

B1GC0UNTRY

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2020
nice pick up!

sounds much better than anything at a petco around here ?
I never go with the intent to buy any fish ? it’s always an emergency run for something small. Really notice it’s the person running the fish section. One Petco in SD can have 10 floaters in each tank, this one has super healthy and sometimes more exotic choices. I just always check them out for kicks...

Reactions: dr exum

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
nice pick up!

sounds much better than anything at a petco around here ?
Lol my local Petco sucks. They downsized their freshwater stock just to include this tiny lil selection of some of the most basic saltwater fish like clownfish, damsels, yellow tangs, every now and then they have some dwarf angels. Along with the downsized freshwater stock they also hire ppl that don't even know what they are talking about/selling. Also about half of the stock they do get in immediately gets put into quarentine just because their suppliers can't keep fish healthy to begin with.

Lol least to say it's pretty sad to see ppl being recommend to get small tera's or guppies with their Oscar or Jack Dempsey. Or like when they recommend ppl to mix African and SA/CA cichlids together just because they're all cichlids.

Deadeye

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I never said my local petco is good. ? The best one is 45 minutes away, and it gave my reef tank crippling ich. All the other ones are just ok. Most of my fish are from petsmart/petcos though, no good lfs close by.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store