NEW EEL

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
Hm... today went to petsmart and was looking forward to a nice sized tire track eel and they had one in the tank at about 5-6 inches good size got it for 5 bux.. now that i am seeing pics of different eels it look like a peacock eel because it has 4 spots on its tail....... i wanted a tiretrack eel th0 cuz i wanted 2 grow him full grown at 2 feet but now im hearing peacock eels only reach 10 inches? dang but do tire track eels have spots too? or just peacocks well he snagged an earthworm when i first put him in the tank he hahs found a good hiding underneath a flowerpot that he coils around but would it be a good idea to get a tiretrack eel along with the eel i have just purchased later on??? gimme som input

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
any info on growth rate and max size and how long it takes to reach adulthood?

OdiE-ThE-Fahaka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
washington
cuz i really admire th0se THICK FAT freshwater eels when they reach over a foot and get like as thick as your arm or peacock eel doesnt grow to these sizes if not would it be a wise decision to get a tiretrack eel or a fire eel? mostly wanting a tiretrack eel also which of these would be more likely to coexist with large aggressive cichlids.

Xanatost

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Lafayette, La.
The females of the eels get to be the biggest. I had peacock eel that was a foot and she was a good 3" round. I used to love watching her swim around. She got out the tank when I had a ick out brake :cry: You can put the eels in the same tank. Just make sure they all have plenty of places to hide and are well feed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store