New female and male flowerhorn. Whatcha think? Anyone help with ID and name? B)

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
The male is most likely a mega blue sapphire dragon lol and more seriously the supposed female looks like a red dragon x Texas too me.

• Haha
Reactions: Ruturaj

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
The male is most likely a mega blue sapphire dragon lol and more seriously the supposed female looks like a red dragon x Texas too me.
OOOOO, it's meant to be high quality. Does it look somewhat high quality?
Thanks for the info though as well !!! They're my precious babes hehee :naughty:

Reactions: HybridFinatic

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Yes both fish looks stunning! Well, high quality fish is grade by yourself, not by others lol! If you like your pets, keep them healthy and they are "High quality" IMO, only condition is they must remain happy and healthy with you.

Male is Kamfa, square body, thick pearls, round lips, triangle tail, proportion fins, sunken (not protruding) eyes!! Female as hybridfinatic stated, RD x Texas!

Enjoy the breeding, hope they fall in love soon!! :)) can't wait to see off springs!! Keep us updated if possible...

Edit: kamfa tends to have kok/hump head most later stage, I have seen kamfa's head stay proportion to his body but shoot way up once cross 3 inches, Great potential he has!! Keep the feeding, water clean and see he grows huge in just 4 weeks..

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
Yes both fish looks stunning! Well, high quality fish is grade by yourself, not by others lol! If you like your pets, keep them healthy and they are "High quality" IMO, only condition is they must remain happy and healthy with you.

Male is Kamfa, square body, thick pearls, round lips, triangle tail, proportion fins, sunken (not protruding) eyes!! Female as hybridfinatic stated, RD x Texas!

Enjoy the breeding, hope they fall in love soon!! :)) can't wait to see off springs!! Keep us updated if possible...

Edit: kamfa tends to have kok/hump head most later stage, I have seen kamfa's head stay proportion to his body but shoot way up once cross 3 inches, Great potential he has!! Keep the feeding, water clean and see he grows huge in just 4 weeks..
I'm from australia, that's why i want to make sure it's high quality for the whopping $650 I paid for him!! Hehe. Got a red eyed kamfa. Hopefully their fry (IF FERTILE.) Have nice kiddos. I got this Kamfa specifically because of his deep pearling and nice flower line. Maybe if the two fishes breed, then the fry will be a deep red with heavy pearling and have some kamfa traits! :))

Yeah, I've also seen that happen. This little 2.5 incher is still a bit stressed out, but he's getting better every day! Eats like crazy, gobbles it all.

Flowerhorn in Australia is high in demand and importation from palces such as thailand is considered illegal because this species of fish is considered 'Pests' for being man-made. My 6 inch flowerhorn I got when he was still a baby had a tiny head, almost non-existent and became HUGE (Not the biggest, but it's somewhat big.) and he's beautiful now, so I have a lot of hope in this kiddo. My precious baby he is, haha. He's got REALLY thick pearls though. Which part of ancestary does that come from? Thai silk? A parent Kamfa that exhibited thick pearling on both sides of the family and resulted in him being nearly full covered? So many questions! But I will try find their parents tomrorow and find out more information. 2.5 inches and $750. bumped down to $650.

Reactions: AlphaTintu

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
It’s a nice quality fish. Whether it was worth it is up to you. Being your in Australia the high price is understandable but in the US that fish would be around $100 more or less depending on where you get it from.

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Yes that's a lot of investment on that baby! But if all circumstances are there in your country then it's worth it! Yes around $100 for that guy, check out ebay for USA and other LFS sites, ebay usually have good fries but sometime some sellers make mistakes in packaging them, ended up sick or DOA fish. Well, it's like $15 for 1 inch fry, great pearls and $35 for shipping in the USA, just approx price range.

I am sure the offsprings from the pair you got should be stunning. happy breeding, all the very best!!

I have had a good luck second time with importing kamfa fry second time, he arrived healthy and well! The first time, a week before of second one, he came swimming side ways, tried to save him but he didn't make it!

If you want to see quality of what we get in total around $50 including overnight shipping, attaching some photos

The fish arrived swimming side ways, that shipper said that he was just fine when packaged, and he may be right because this might have been a stroke during shipping.. I am so sorry little fella!... I've been very SAD on that day!

second time Kamfa BABY arrived healthy..

Need to work on his colors, may be too much light exposure on him, or he is still settling down.. he is freaking out a lot during water changes etc.. hence he is not fully settled yet...

IMG_20200717_100645.jpgIMG_20200717_100700.jpg

On his third day!

IMG_20200719_084927.jpg

NOW!! (after almost 13 days!)

IMG_20200801_112017.jpg

IMG_20200801_112025.jpg

IMG_20200801_112357.jpg

IMG_20200801_112408.jpg

IMG_20200801_112414.jpg

IMG_20200711_073642_copy.jpg

IMG_20200711_073533.jpg

IMG_20200710_102615.jpg

Attachments

silverrhino8

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2019
View attachment 1427051View attachment 1427052
View attachment 1427054

https://gyazo.com/4f20f77f095baf914c5ad97390c26c57 -Picture of unnamed fish swimming.
Whatcha think of them? :))) Give some sick ID's for them too hehe! I gotta name them both. The little male is only 2.5 inches, female is about 6 months old already. :))
Nice fish! I have one that looks very much like the male but with yellow eyes and not as distinct flowerline. It's a Kamfa as well. I've read that Kamfas typically don't have red eyes though so I'm guessing yours is mixed with something else (Mine has yellow eyes). I could be wrong though, I'm not an expert by any means.

IMG_9683.JPG

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for sharing and your answers guys ! i Appreciate it greatly. Those are some awesome fry, I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate passing of one of them. They'll grow to be good boys hehehe. :))

Also silverrhino8, yeah majority of kamfas have white, amber or yellows eyes which is msot common. There are a couple of articles I've read where it determines fertility. Mine could just be a lucky rare kamfa with red eyes, or it could be a ZZ mix somewhere but only gathered the traits of red eyes, but no other trait. We'll see when my bubba gets older if he's fertile or not though. Your fish is stunning as well ! His colours are so beautiful, no flowerline but his colours are wow. It's something, you don't see often in Aussie. Do you have a picture of him when he was a baby? I hope mine grows to look like yours ! Wow.

Reactions: silverrhino8
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store