New gar breathing heavy and swimming strangely

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
My gar lies on the floor of the tank when the wavemaker is off
When the wavemaker is on, he is usually at the top of the tank
My gar was ok with hikari tropical sticks but absolutely hate hikari jumbo stick
Main diet is frozen prawn. Maybe you can try

SaltyPlum

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2015
Hey lads, just an update on the gar. He seems to be more settled and actively swimming around and looking much happier. However, he still hasn't eaten anything and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since adding him to the tank. I've tried floating and sinking pellets (even got the same brand pellets the previous owner was feeding him) and shrimp. He will be swimming around all happy like the other fish and when i drop food the food in he will go sit on the sand under the plant and watch the other fish eat and wont move.

How long can gars go without food? Is it possible that they can starve themselves?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey lads, just an update on the gar. He seems to be more settled and actively swimming around and looking much happier. However, he still hasn't eaten anything and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since adding him to the tank. I've tried floating and sinking pellets (even got the same brand pellets the previous owner was feeding him) and shrimp. He will be swimming around all happy like the other fish and when i drop food the food in he will go sit on the sand under the plant and watch the other fish eat and wont move.

How long can gars go without food? Is it possible that they can starve themselves?

Good to hear the Gar is actively swimming again and hopefully
It will start to eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store