New here! Need some camera help.

Dispatch273

Jack Dempsey
Original poster
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
CT
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site(from MFK), and to the whole photography scene. I have a P&S(Kodak EasyShare CD82), but it takes pretty terrible pictures of my fish :( I'm looking into getting a DSLR but would like to spend as little money as possible. I was thinking in the $300-$400 range. What would be your suggestions for me? I appreciate any feedback. Here are some of my favorite pictures I've taken with my Kodak.

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
Any dslr with a kit lens will yield great results. You just have to understand the basics first; such as shutter speed, apature and iso light sensitivity. Any basic dslr paired with an external flash unit will be all you need for a long time. As far as brands go, i would suggest going with one you feel most comfortable with. That means going down to the store and holding and examining the key features. In addition how a camera feels in your hands such as button layouts can greatly improve your ability to learn faster. I personally shoot with a canon xsi, not because i am a diehard fanboy of any sort, but because i enjoyed how the layout of the buttons were placed and how it felt in my hands. This was my first dslr after a long time of research, i still shoot with it frequently and often with great results. So choose something you feel most comfortable with, you will not be disappointed.

Chonh

Posted this in a previous thread.

Posted using my Skyrocket through the MonsterAquaria app Like a Boss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store