New hybrid coming to my tank...

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Heh, I bet nobody will suspect what's about to happen now... Try Parachromis Loisellei X Amphilophus Festae!

If any of you remember about 3 years ago, back when pfish.net was still around, I had purchased 2 supposed "sp. green" cichlids that were collected in panama... it turned out that they were not in fact the green umbie, but later discovered I had a male of oddly coloured P. Loisellei, the female appeared to be a hybrid between a trimaculatus and a motaguensis. Normally, this fish is a deep forest green with blue highlights, and otherwise has the same markings as a regular loisellei. However, when in breeding condition, each scale gets a bright turquoise blue highlight, not unlike a male salvini sp. "blue", and, also like the salvini, the body becomes a BRIGHT BRIGHT yellow, especially the chest area. Sadly, the female was killed by the male after their first spawn, and he's been alone in a 55 since. Over the while, he's grown from 9-11 inches and has filled out alot. I was moving my fish around, and decided to move my fish from the 90g into separate tanks as the H. Fasciatus was getting a bit too aggressive with my Festae, and the 2 were giving each other a beating almost daily. The first switch was the Fasciatus into the 55 and the Loisellei into the 90. Almost immediately, the Festae coloured up and began displaying at the Loisellei. Soon enough, the Loisellei began his display, and they proceeded to clear an area off for themselves and beat the snot out of the poor synodontis cat that was in there. I've since then removed him and now have a divider in the tank so the festae can take refuge incase he gets too nasty (he's at about 11 inches, she's roughlt 5 inches lmao). Any guesses as to how the babies will look?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store