New Jardini

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Hi guys,

I got a Jardini Arowana a few weeks back, but I haven't got around to posting the vid I took when I put him in. He was about 14 - 15cm when I got him, about 70 USD they work out too here, (silvers go for about 20 USD). He stays in a 180 gal (6 x 2 x 2ft) tank, with 15 Silver dollars now, fins all healed and healthy. Growing fast and well.

You will notice in the video that when I put him in there were also 20 Siamese algae eaters and 4 Leleupi, I decided just to leave them in as some feeders.
As I expected he didn't eat anything for a day or two. Then I noticed bulges in his tummy in the mornings, and gradually less and less SAEs. Over this time (about 10 - 14days I think) he didn't touch pellets I put in for the others, only wanted feeders. Which is ok, I expected that. Then when there were only a few SAEs left, he just started eating all the pellets that fell into the tank with the other fish. Veggie ones, carnisticks and Hikari excel, while he still was eating feeders at night. I was expecting to have to pellet train via starving (really don't like the way that sounds), but he adopted the habit quickly. I think watching how the SDs ate made him rethink how good pellets are haha.

IMG_20190324_212401~2.jpg

IMG_20190324_212413~2.jpg

IMG_20190324_212414~2.jpg

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
You will notice a little Jag in the tank, the guy at the LFS had them for 2 USD per pc. Thought I would grow them up together and later on decide which fish I wanted to keep. Although the tank is heavily filtered, I don't think 15 SDs, a Jardini and Jaguar can love together happily for ever space wise. Someone has to go. But that little Jag has so much personality and is really growing on me. An incredible growth rate too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store