New Lent

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
kno4te kno4te . Very nice pike! love the pattern.

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Very cool!! The only Lents that I ever kept I received as adults. I would love to get a juvie and grow it out one of these days, but for now I am limited to a 24'' x 48'' 120 gal, and that would be nowhere near what I would need to keep one long term.

Chemical Dependence

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2015
Very cool!! The only Lents that I ever kept I received as adults. I would love to get a juvie and grow it out one of these days, but for now I am limited to a 24'' x 48'' 120 gal, and that would be nowhere near what I would need to keep one long term.
Yes, I’m looking forward to growing this one out. As soon as I saw the video from Kevin on Facebook of them I thought I need one of these.
I’m looking forward to the color changes

Reactions: robmcd

newworld

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
chicago
The Crenicichla lenticulata I have collected are from the Rio Inirida in Colombia. In the photos above the particular fish looks a bit washed out. This particular race has a very strong pattern even when small as seen in the video link posted below and they turn a very nice orange/red. That is the actual stock and the fish above was still in that tank when the video was taken. This video was taken just a few hours after they landed in NY from Colombia.
oh.. and most certainly is not a hybrid lol. no hybrids allowed in my facility! lol.

I don’t believe I know you maybe I sent you wild Texas cichlids years ago? But that statement you got me...”no hybrids allowed in my facility! lol.”

Kevin@TUIC

Dovii
Staff member
Community Vendor
MFK Member
I don’t believe I know you maybe I sent you wild Texas cichlids years ago? But that statement you got me...”no hybrids allowed in my facility! lol.”
That may have been Jeff you sent them to. Certainly wasn't me. had to have been before he retired. Actually, I was also supplying Jeff with cyanoguttatus for quite a number of years from the Cuatro Cienega's; Laguna de Santa Tecla population that I still work with to this day :)
Where do you collect yours from? still collect? I would be interested ;)

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store