New member, new build

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I love a nicely done plywood build. Looks like a piece of furniture with fish swimming in it. Excellent job H hartebreak

Reactions: HowUDoin

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
congrats!

Reactions: HowUDoin

Dione

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2020
Very nice build hartebreak. Now that it’s been up and running for a bit have you had any issues? Anything you would have done differently in retrospect?

hartebreak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2020
I haven't had any issues yet. I really like the tank and am very happy with it. A couple of small things I wish I would have done different would be #1, not to make the tank 36" tall. Its an absolute nightmare to try and move rocks around or deal with anything at the bottom of the tank. #2 the overall size of the tank makes it nearly impossible to catch a fish, I had one that I wanted to move to a hospital tank due to cloudy eye, but I couldn't catch it. Lastly, I put the sump for the tank on the floor in the garage. I am trying to figure out a way to vacuum the bottom of the sump to clean up gunk, but since its sitting on the ground, I obviously cant get a siphon going. I will probably end up getting a powered gravel vac.

Reactions: Dione

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I haven't had any issues yet. I really like the tank and am very happy with it. A couple of small things I wish I would have done different would be #1, not to make the tank 36" tall. Its an absolute nightmare to try and move rocks around or deal with anything at the bottom of the tank. #2 the overall size of the tank makes it nearly impossible to catch a fish, I had one that I wanted to move to a hospital tank due to cloudy eye, but I couldn't catch it. Lastly, I put the sump for the tank on the floor in the garage. I am trying to figure out a way to vacuum the bottom of the sump to clean up gunk, but since its sitting on the ground, I obviously cant get a siphon going. I will probably end up getting a powered gravel vac.
The way I maintain my sump is to open up a ball valve on the return side to put the sump in recirculating mode. Then I can stir up any detritus that down there and my mechanical filtration can pick it up.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store