Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Discussion in 'Marine and Brackish' started by Ryu, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Ryu

Ryu Registered Member

Nov 12, 2017
      Hi Everyone! So glad to have stumbled upon this page!!! I have a Japanese Eel ( Yes the kind you eat for sushi!lol) for 14 years now and other than with the help of a friend who is an aquarium enthusiast & a little help here & there from various pet stores (But no one really knew how to handle his type of breed) I have been blessed with having him ( i assume it is a male!lol) for so long. Ironically i got him from a pet store - someone special ordered him but then backed out. He was about 2.5 ft long at the time so not the type of fish for everyone.I fell for its cute little face immed( some say he has a seal face or a dog face- i`ll try to upload pics)and they wanted to get rid of him so they sold him to me for just a little above cost which was like $50/$60. I could find little information online other than recipes! :-0 Obviously i`ve been doing something right since i`ve had him for so long! lol But a lot of it has been trial & error( eg. Ryu likes to sleep on his back or his side - it does not mean that he is dead!lol) & in a lot of ways i still feel like i don`t know a whole lot about him:-( eg. I was told to keep his temp between 20-23C but one time the heater came unplugged & it dipped to 16/17C & he was fine & active! it`s nice to join a group with other large fish keepers as i would like any advice & i would also like to get a friend for him -Currently there is a larger pleco in there as well as 2 feeder goldfish ( that were supposed to be food but i a lil while back that he started to keep the fish around as friends -these ones have been there since the summer!) I at one time was going to buy a large giraffe nosed catfish but the deal fell through- i was so disappointed! Anyone have any suggestions? O the thank is approx 240 gallon - i WOULD like to go bigger too!
      Looking forward to talking to other "Monster Fish Keepers!" :D Thanx in Advance!

RYU.jpg

RYU2.jpg

RYU5.jpg

RYU3.jpg

RYU2.jpg

RYU4.jpg

J. H., tlindsey and markstrimaran like this.
    2. tlindsey

tlindsey MFK Members

Thomas Lindsey Sr.
      Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Welcome aboard:)

Nice Eel !

Itsadeepbluesea and Ryu like this.
    3. Itsadeepbluesea

Itsadeepbluesea MFK Members

Matt
      Yesterday at 8:14 PM
      Welcome to the forum!!!