New Mini Tank Setup

Yuki-Rihwa

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2020
A Place On Earth
I just make this thread just for progression tracking :)
This is smallest tank I've ever own in this hobby, I was changed job and house location so all my previous tanks got shutdown and sold or give away to local fishkeepers.
I also have new hobby I enjoy alot that's Jeep rock wheeling and camping. I missed my fish tanks alot so I decided to setup a small tank so I don't have spend to much time on the maintenance cause I'm out to the wilderness all weekend long :)
Anyway, I picked up Fluval Flex 32.5G for my mini tank setup.
First setup and filled it up.
cropped.jpg

Few days later added substrate and some plants.

plants.jpg

I did nothing to cycling yet, I still waiting for Ammonia Chloride and Fluval Cycle BB Bottle.
Finally, those items arrived. Cycling begin....
I dose Ammonia to 2ppm and dump entire Cycle BB Bottle (16.9 oz) in to 32.5G tank (No, I was ignored the instruction from Fluval) and raisew the temp to 82F
36 hours later ammonia from 2ppm down to almost 0 (0.25ppm), so my tank should be ready by this weekend :) (fastest fishless cycled ever for me).
ammonia.jpg

Also, plants started spout out some new leaves :)

IMG_0029 plant.jpgIMG_0029 plant.jpg

I'll update the tank progression in few more weeks.
Due to covid-19 most online fish website stopped shipping fish for online sale or out of stock (I'm looking for Exodon Paradoxus).
So, I'm continue dosing ammonia to keep Bacteria alive until I got my hand on my fish stock.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If a 32 gallon is the smallest you’ve ever owned then you started off strong.
If you don’t mind me asking, where did ya get all the plants?

Reactions: Yuki-Rihwa

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I wish I started more than 32 gallon! nice setup!

Edit: predatory fins have some exodons

Reactions: Yuki-Rihwa

Yuki-Rihwa

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2020
A Place On Earth
Tank cycled is completed but still no sight of Exodon yet, all LFS in 25 miles radius of my area don't have it.
They're all said getting shipping during covid-19 is pretty much impossible and take longer to arrive and live stock might not survive the transportation. Well, look like I have to keep dosing ammonia chloride to keep my tank healthy :p

• Sad
Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store