New Motoro Stingray not Moving

MitakaJin

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2020
Hi Guys , I recently bought a Motoro Stingray 3 or 4 days ago. The first day when it was introduced it was flapping around and exploring around like a puppy , but during the second day it just stayed at one spot and never moved , but only sometimes it moves just a little and then go back to the spot and never moved again. I've done a 40% weekly water change and tested the water before the day I introduced my Motoro Stingray. I need help!! Thankss!

MitakaJin

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2020
What are the water parameters results How big is the tank? Tankmates?
7x3x3 , Tankmates are Payara Armatus , Silver Arowana , Asian Arowana , Spotted Gar and Nigerian Lapradei Bichir. Water parameters Ammonia 0

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
7x3x3 , Tankmates are Payara Armatus , Silver Arowana , Asian Arowana , Spotted Gar and Nigerian Lapradei Bichir. Water parameters Ammonia 0
What about ur ph, nitrite and nitrates?

Tobiassorensen Tobiassorensen jim barry jim barry

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Have not tested Nitrate and Nitrite but it's Low , PH is 7.2
You should have 0 Nitrite your filter or filters may not be handling the bioload. Also the Stingray is the biggest contributer of the bioload and will not survive if the Nitrite remains or spikes.

Reactions: kno4te

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
It may be still settling in. Perhaps intimidated by the tank mates. Can you put a divider in to keep it separate from the other fish? Has it eaten?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I agree with both tlindsey tlindsey and spotfin spotfin .
What are your readings on nitrite and nitrate? And what kind of filtration do you have on the tank?

Reactions: kno4te and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store