New Oxyeleotris marmorata aka Marble Sleeper

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Not to sidetrack the thread, but anybody keep the new-world/Atlantic version Gobiomorus dormitor? As brutal? There's not much on YouTube...
The juveniles have a lovely flag dorsal fin and mid-size will hang tail-down in the reeds like a pike, but they're bright & I've had no luck with the dip-net ...yet.

The similar/smaller species (that I can't think of the name) has always taken pellets from early, as have the vicious little clingfish.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Not to sidetrack the thread, but anybody keep the new-world/Atlantic version Gobiomorus dormitor? As brutal? There's not much on YouTube...
The juveniles have a lovely flag dorsal fin and mid-size will hang tail-down in the reeds like a pike, but they're bright & I've had no luck with the dip-net ...yet.

The similar/smaller species (that I can't think of the name) has always taken pellets from early, as have the vicious little clingfish.
SharptoothBass SharptoothBass

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
1 month update. He is again ignoring pellets. I have had to give feeder shrimp, chopped earthworm and guppy fry.View attachment 1446229View attachment 1446230View attachment 1446231View attachment 1446232
How long did he refuse to eat if ya don't mind me asking? Ik with most ambush predators, and predators in general, can go upto several weeks to even months in the wild without eating so it's honestly nothing to really worry about if he only refused to eat for a few days to a week.

Personally I would fast him for a week and let him get all nice and hungry before trying pellets again. Or ya could stuff the shrimp with pieces of pellets just so he gets used to the taste of the pellets. Another trick I learned with pursuit predators atleast is that they tend to strike pellets that moved so I tied a pellet to a string and pulled it around ontop of the water and sure enough that's how I got my pike cichlids off of live food. It probably won't work for an ambush predator but it would be worth a try atleast. Could even try it with sinking pellets too, just drag the pellet across the bottom of the tank right infront of its face, might get a reaction from it.

Reactions: FishBeast

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
How long did he refuse to eat if ya don't mind me asking? Ik with most ambush predators, and predators in general, can go upto several weeks to even months in the wild without eating so it's honestly nothing to really worry about if he only refused to eat for a few days to a week.

Personally I would fast him for a week and let him get all nice and hungry before trying pellets again. Or ya could stuff the shrimp with pieces of pellets just so he gets used to the taste of the pellets. Another trick I learned with pursuit predators atleast is that they tend to strike pellets that moved so I tied a pellet to a string and pulled it around ontop of the water and sure enough that's how I got my pike cichlids off of live food. It probably won't work for an ambush predator but it would be worth a try atleast. Could even try it with sinking pellets too, just drag the pellet across the bottom of the tank right infront of its face, might get a reaction from it.
He strikes pellets but spits them out. I will try the 1 week fast! He was eating floating pellets mostly. Thanks man.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store