New Pbass Setup

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Nice looking azuls.

I don’t think you can really go overboard with the filtration. I had one of those penguin 350 on a 20 gal. It was great until it crapped out on me one day after cleaning it.

Reactions: RH_

RH_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2018
Bay Area
Nice looking azuls.

I don’t think you can really go overboard with the filtration. I had one of those penguin 350 on a 20 gal. It was great until it crapped out on me one day after cleaning it.
Thanks man much appreciated! Damn sorry to hear that....I would definitely be frustrated with the product as well, so far no complaints on my end though. When I buy this 200 gallon in a couple months I plan on running a good canister filter setup with a lot of air stones. Think this 55 gallon would make a killer black crappie tank next, reuse the HOBs, power head, and water heater :cool-1:

Reactions: Matteus

RH_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2018
Bay Area
Last photo of the year! It’s crazy how often I change up the tank decor, the bigger pbass seems to get territorial a week into a change of scenery, so I try to be pro active and avoid it happening. Anybody else deal with this? Again Happy Holidays!

B3A1961D-CB72-4EDE-BC0C-30D791171AA2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: cigars and Matteus

RH_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2018
Bay Area
Thought I’d share a couple photos for the start of 2019

Had a really rapid algae growth in the tank

Went and grabbed some Algaefix, I was amazed how fast it kicked in. When the dust settled, I ran a parameter check to see where the water was at. Perfect parameters, took a little longer than anticipated for the tank to completely cycle. Thanks to BioFlocs, weekly 25% water changes, and filter media my water maintains crystal clear. Fins are moving, mouths arnt gasping for air, they feed every time. Well worth the time and money, can’t wait to see them grow thru this year!

Photos are before and after Algaefix. If you run into this problem, do Not add more than 1mL per 1 US gallon. I used a little less than recommended, and have not added anymore due to how the bass reacted when I added the chemical into the water. They were head shakin for a minute, but as the chemicals cycled, as stated above they don’t even breath thru their mouth even the slightest anymore. I’ll post more photos as they continue to grow, any questions or comments feel free to add. Stoked on the colors, and overall health with these guys

889C9986-58F9-442F-82CA-D6A06B4F317B.jpeg 43D683D7-513D-401A-9026-EE8BC0974500.jpeg

RH_

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2018
Bay Area
I know this ain’t a “fishing” forum, but wanted to share one of my favorite largemouth fights I’ve ever had to date. Caught on a frog at a local pond behind a winery in Napa Valley. I always release my catches, I have too much respect for bass of all species. Let em go let em grow and reproduce!

98070091-5902-41DC-8D32-B49DA1DA42E3.jpeg

My buddy landed an absolute hog that same day. Had me beat for sure, ponds are too easy to catch big fish lol F80AEE71-3C1F-4413-A37E-2277D0E2E6DD.jpeg

Reactions: cigars and Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store