kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
B197BF1A-0A08-4685-9B69-8FDE1C5CFD0D.jpeg

Can’t seem to separate these two. About 5-6inches. Temporary tank till I get their new area setup. Will be eventually acclimating to a black water tank.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Looks like a false jaguar catfish, not sure though. Beautiful new pikes!
Eh, my guess is one of the various wood catfish or a whale catfish. The head makes me think whale catfish but the dorsal fin makes me think driftwood catfish.

Reactions: kno4te

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Dat cat tho...
Oh yeah.. cool pikes too I guess

Jk, very nice crens bro! Look forward to updates and seeing them in the Blackwater

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
You post this thread to show off your new pikes yet the catfish catches my attention, what is the name of said catfish?
Lol....best pic I can get due to them being real finicky. That’s pseudauchenipterus nodosus, also known as the coco soda catfish.
Looks like a false jaguar catfish, not sure though. Beautiful new pikes!
Have a false jag cat but it’s hiding and won’t be out till the lights are out.
Eh, my guess is one of the various wood catfish or a whale catfish. The head makes me think whale catfish but the dorsal fin makes me think driftwood catfish.
It’s part of the driftwood cat family.
Dat cat tho...
Oh yeah.. cool pikes too I guess

Jk, very nice crens bro! Look forward to updates and seeing them in the Blackwater
Thanks.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
View attachment 1414462

Can’t seem to separate these two. About 5-6inches. Temporary tank till I get their new area setup. Will be eventually acclimating to a black water tank.
Nice pick up! Are those Atabapo II?

And how bigs your Coco? My biggest are only around 4 inches right now. Got 2 females and 3 males. And how active is yours? Mine rest out in the open but aren't big time movers except during feedings.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Love the pikes!
Thanks.
Nice pick up! Are those Atabapo II?

And how bigs your Coco? My biggest are only around 4 inches right now. Got 2 females and 3 males. And how active is yours? Mine rest out in the open but aren't big time movers except during feedings.
Yes. They were mislabeled as lepidota.
My biggest is 10in and smaller one is 5-6in. Same activity level as urs. Active when food comes out.

Reactions: tlindsey

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Yes. They were mislabeled as lepidota.
My biggest is 10in and smaller one is 5-6in. Same activity level as urs. Active when food comes out.
It is really funny how our taste in fish intersect; I just got a Atabapo II from TUIC about 2 weeks ago. lol That is assuming you bought them knowing they where mis-labeled. I only say that cause I don't know if you ordered them online or not.

Man I'm jeaous. I'm pretty sure you remember my big guy died. I had hoped maybe when they where bigger they where more active. I had also hoped buying a group might inspire them to be more outgoing but so far IME it's a no. Can't wait to see the tank you set up for the Creni's.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store