New pickup, L095 Orange Cheek Pleco

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm surprised you had difficulty with other species. i keep my two L095s with a black wolf, vulture cat, 17" ornate bichir and 2 O's

they seemingly dont bother any fish nor each other.

the coolest thing about this pleco is their hovering in midwater, its odd yet so cool. like an easy going cactus pleco

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I'm surprised you had difficulty with other species. i keep my two L095s with a black wolf, vulture cat, 17" ornate bichir and 2 O's

they seemingly dont bother any fish nor each other.

the coolest thing about this pleco is their hovering in midwater, its odd yet so cool. like an easy going cactus pleco
Yea I was most definitely not happy when I found him passed. I can only assume (I was away for 2 days and came home to the dead pleco) the vieja stund the pleco and proceeded to eat the guts as the pleco was disemboweled when I got home.
My two news ones are still not fully settled and cave a lot of the time with occasional outings in the tank and they stay fairly low in the tank yet.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm not really a pleco guy...too worried about them sawing/chewing their way through to bare wood on my plywood tanks...but these are some really impressive fish! Sorry to hear about the first one; I travel a lot for work and am always expecting the worst when I get home, so I can imagine how you felt when you discovered that.

And it's a bit of a shock to hear that this was your first online fish order. I honestly thought that I was the only MFK member who didn't regularly receive packages of live fish via courier. It's quite nerve-wracking when you are unaccustomed to it...especially when couriers don't deliver to your house and you need to pick up at the depot.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I'm not really a pleco guy...too worried about them sawing/chewing their way through to bare wood on my plywood tanks...but these are some really impressive fish! Sorry to hear about the first one; I travel a lot for work and am always expecting the worst when I get home, so I can imagine how you felt when you discovered that.

And it's a bit of a shock to hear that this was your first online fish order. I honestly thought that I was the only MFK member who didn't regularly receive packages of live fish via courier. It's quite nerve-wracking when you are unaccustomed to it...especially when couriers don't deliver to your house and you need to pick up at the depot.
If you have epoxy in your tank to cover the plywood I don’t think you’d have to worry about them chewing down to the plywood….these ones are not driven to chew wood like some of the other plecos. These guys seem to prefer veggies over meat. I don’t see these guys raising as much as some of my other plecos.

I’m leaving for 5 days for Xmas here soon and im terrified to leave.

I find shipping to be pretty expensive and probably wouldn’t order fish on the regular if they were commonly available fish. Not sure if shipping is more expensive in Canada than the US bu Rita not really worth the extra cost unless it’s a large order or rare fish

Reactions: Rob909

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I thought this was a new thread, I didn't check the dates! I was really excited for you and then reading on discovered the horror. I can only imagine how you felt when you came across the carcass of the original orange cheek. What a bummer.

Moving forward I hope you don't have anymore setbacks.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I thought this was a new thread, I didn't check the dates! I was really excited for you and then reading on discovered the horror. I can only imagine how you felt when you came across the carcass of the original orange cheek. What a bummer.

Moving forward I hope you don't have anymore setbacks.
It’s still a fairly new thread lol your not too late to the party haha

my tank is in shambles right now…I have a herd of t bar cichlids that I raised for a friend that has decided not to setup his tanks and take his fry back so I’m in the process of rehoming them, they are very nice cichlids but there’s very little interest in my location for them. Plus I have a small heard of his angelfish that also need new homes. In total I have about 30 semi adult fish that need homes that I had never planned on owning ?

I had a new stand delivered today, I’m in the process of setting up a replacement tank, the new stand has a shelf for a second tank which was going to be an easy move for my 10g tank but the 10g tank is hideous and I’ve decided to upgrade it to a 20g long tank.

I went to another friends house today to pickup my caves that we group ordered on and ended up bringing home a batch of bn fry that I gave him to raise (he doesn’t want them, which is fair bc bn are boring kind of) so I have about 50/70 of those fry that need new homes, plus I have about 30 of my own bn fry from months ago that also need new homes.

I also want to find my zebra pleco fry and move them into this new 20g long tank I’ll be setting up….wow that’s a lot of things happening that didn’t sound like so much until I typed it all out ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store