New pike on hunger strike!

Kutty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Somewhere in S'pore
I just picked up a 4'' male Crenicichla alta two days ago, but he still hasn't eaten anything, not even feeder shrimps and platies. Water parameters are very good. What should I do?

Kutty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Somewhere in S'pore
This guy is weird. This morning, I dropped a cube of frozen plankton into the tank. Now, almost 10 hours later, he starts picking off the thawed bits of plankton on the tank floor. He has totally no interest in the shrimps (not brine shrimp) swimming around in his tank; instead he waits for me to drop a cube of frozen food like bloodworm, brine shrimp etc then waits for them to sink before eating them. This is not the first weird pike I have. My female is also rather sadistic, decapitating feeders instead of eating them!

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Starving cichlids has always worked for me. They can go over a month without food if they have to, and I had a female JD who did just that; took her a full month before she accepted a new pellet brand.

MouthWash

Banned
Jun 14, 2005
she only ate crayfish i had to clip off the claws because she got an eye poked out
after that she was really mean just attacking thr crayfish(really mean like).

Kutty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Somewhere in S'pore
Ok I've put the new (dominant) male with my dominant female and now they are not fighting anymore! At first the male was attacked like a enemy to the female BY the female, but now they have become friends and the female has got a nice red belly. Are they breeding?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store