New Rescue BGK

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Well I went to an aquatic plant club meeting today and ended up coming home with this beautiful 10" BGK. Here is the story how he got to me. He was being kept in a probably 20 gallon hex tank with a pair of 4" angels and some other fish well the owner died and after a month of neglect a family friend took the tank, she had never kept fish but was an animal lover well she called an aquarium maintenance company to clean the tank TWICE in a year. Well the last time they were there she was talking to the woman that worked for the aquarium maintenance company, Amanda, about how she really didn't want fish and Amanda offered to rehome them and brought them home and started rehoming them but didn't have experience rehoming oddballs so the BGK stayed in a quarantine tank for a month until today when Amanda was hosting the plant club meeting. I was talking to some of the other people at the meeting telling them about all my oddballs and they mentioned that Amanda had a BGK she wanted to rehome and i said I would take it now he is in a 60 gallon tank with a 5" L190 royal pleco, a 5" common pleco, and a 6" suncat who is missing 2/3 of his tail who hopefully will be going to a new home tomorrow.

Well here he is
new BGK.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice rescue/pickup. Good size too.

Reactions: tlindsey

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I'm just glad I have all these tanks now so it was easy to find him a tank where he would get along with the other fish. I wasn't going to put him in the tank with my afer Jackass and I wasn't sure how he would work with my other BGK who is only about 8" so he went in the next best tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store