new tank mates

BigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2005
Washington
im thinking about putting 2 green terrors in with my oscar or 2 jack dempseys. what suggestions do u guys have.

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
I think they might be too aggressive. Is your oscar very aggressive? When i had one it was peaceful and shy, couldnt stand up to fish its own size if they were aggressive. Probably would have worked with large peaceful fish.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Well I had a green terror and now have a Jack dempsey. My green terror was extremly peaceful! Not a terror by any means. I got it some feeder guppies once and it wouldnt even eat them. They bred in the tank. Although my jack dempsey hides alot( I just got him though) when he comes out he is stunning. He is real mean. He is about 4" and tears 2" goldfish to pieces. The meanest fish I have ever kept though is my oscar. Never hid either and he tore any thing to peices. He was so mean.

toxicfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan
I have a 4" Green Terror , 2 - 3.5" Jack's , 1 - 4" Friedrichsthali , 1 - 12"oscar and 1 - 12" lima shovelnose. The Green Terror holds his own. But they all give respect to the oscar!!!

The oscar just killed the other 12" oscar abt 1 week ago thats when I put the Jack's and the G.T. in the tank.:grinno: :shakehead

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store