New tank !

RiceRocket27

Black Skirt Tetra
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2012
Canada
i decided while ago i wanted to setup an aquarium for african cichlids ( peacocks) . I wanted to go with a sump for filtration. First time using a sump. I got 120g tank built with star fire glass that measures 4x2x2 . I decided to built my own stand , used a 40g breeder for the sump, Siliconed all the baffles in which i hope are somewhat right . Purchased ghost over , vectra m2 return pump & reef link.Did all the plumbing myself. The tank is currently setup in the garage make sure have no leaks. I have added few pictures. Done ton of research online before starting , Will be getting it up and running, tuned in over next few days and make the necessary adjustments.Thanks for looking !

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

fishhead0103666

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
Fantastic, I’m not the biggest fan of African cichlids but a new tank is always good :thumbsup:

Reactions: tlindsey

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Nice job with the cabinet and your choice of color too.

I see and can appreiciate you like the clean plumbing. BTW, I know overkill but they have pipe brackets you can use to support the PVC hard plumbing. I think it adds a cool touch and support much better than straps. if you're into the details as you are. :)

Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store