New to Datnoids

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I came across a couple of Dats that I believe to be NGTs while I was in Florida, and I'm thinking about picking one up next time I'm down there. Is there anything I should know about Dats before picking one up? This species in specific? They were $60 at 2-3", and from what I've read that's not a bad price.

Please correct me if I misidentified them.

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
I came across a couple of Dats that I believe to be NGTs while I was in Florida, and I'm thinking about picking one up next time I'm down there. Is there anything I should know about Dats before picking one up? This species in specific? They were $60 at 2-3", and from what I've read that's not a bad price.

That's an unstable indo dat. Couldn't comment on price

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston

If it was a ngt at price then it's a steal, it's a bit over priced for an Indo

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
That's an unstable indo dat. Couldn't comment on price
If it was a ngt at price then it's a steal, it's a bit over priced for an Indo
I saw a few pics in Google of a similar dat that was labeled as an NGT. I guess it was ID wrong.

How much do Indos usually go for? I'm considering getting one.

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
That Dat in the front looks like an Indo Tiger but I'm not sure about the one in the back. If it's a regular indo, best not pay more than $25 for it for that size. Not sure how much the LFS over there charge but over here, their roughly around that price for that size. You should see some green colors on it if it is a NGT. I remember seeing 2 NGT about 6-7" and they were in really bad shape but you can definitely tell a difference between an IT from a NGT.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
this makes me want to cry seeing the prices y'all get dats for. they're so overpriced here its ridiculous. paid 100 for my indo at barely 3" and that was his sale price.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
this makes me want to cry seeing the prices y'all get dats for. they're so overpriced here its ridiculous. paid 100 for my indo at barely 3" and that was his sale price.
Were are you exactly where the prices are so high?
Both of the dats in the photo are indos.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
Were are you exactly where the prices are so high?
Both of the dats in the photo are indos.
Northern Utah. theres only 4 decent "fish" stores in my valley and only 2 do any exotic fish so they can pretty much charge whatever they want. theres a few "pet" stores that do some fish but their prices are even worse. theres one with a 5" indo for 285 about 20 min from my house. another has a 2.5" wc jardini for 225. all exotic fish are overpriced here.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Northern Utah. theres only 4 decent "fish" stores in my valley and only 2 do any exotic fish so they can pretty much charge whatever they want. theres a few "pet" stores that do some fish but their prices are even worse. theres one with a 5" indo for 285 about 20 min from my house. another has a 2.5" wc jardini for 225. all exotic fish are overpriced here.
Wow.....price gouging at it's worst.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store