New to the hobby and forum.

Laiken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just figured id introduce myself. Recently got a 125 gallon tank and hopefully with help from this forum ill have a beautiful and HEALTHY set up. Kind of learning as i go as i have absolutley zero experience. So far i have:
125 gallon(6ft) tank
Fluval fx4
2 fluval heaters
18 inch air stone

Current stock: (all about 2in)
2 dempseys
2 firemouths
2 tiger oscars
1 plecko

Tank was cycled with seachem stability and chemistry seems to be good and stable. pH is a little high i think at about 7.5ish.

Any advice is always welcomed. Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome to the forum. Would add another canister as u will have a lot of waste. Just my only recommendation.

Reactions: tlindsey and Laiken

Laiken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for the replies. As for water changes im thinking 25% once a week to start and ill adjust according to nitrate levels. Also im currently feeding Hikari chichlid gold and omega one super color pellets.

Lawton C

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2018
Wow, awesome setup to start with...I only had a 20 gallon. Stocking is a little much but as long as you add some more filtration and make sure no conflicts come up you should have a great setup:)

Reactions: tlindsey and Laiken

Laiken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2018
Thank you. Im sure there will be some bumps in the road but this site has some great info. I honestly had no idea this hobby was as complex as im finding out. I would have purchased the fx6 if i had done more research before listening to the girl at petsmart. Live and learn.

Laiken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2018
I normally educate myself on larger purchases such as this but i went in blind on this one. Only knowing we wanted the 125 gallon that was on sale. The petsmart girl directed me to the fx4, the box said it was for 200 or 250 gallons so i just bought it. Will another fx4 be enough?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store