New used tank!!! Vol. II

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Sadly, the included sump did not survive the trip home...what can i say that rental truck was costing me me by the minute...
20190720_144933.jpg

Everyone says use a razor blade to remove silicone and trim but i prefer my little knife here.
20190720_140549.jpg

Sides and bottom are all 5/8". Glass is in great shape. Will clean up nice. Considering the price of glass these days i consider it worth the $200 i paid just for the glass pieces. I dont know all exactly what im gonna do with this thing but i know for sure im removing/replacing the top brace and the end with the hole in it. Time to break out the fishing line.
20190720_142211.jpg

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
The last tank that I disassembled and reassembled was only a 30 tall and I cannot imagine doing a bigger one by myself without enormous effort.

Hopefully you will have some assistance and very good luck!

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The last tank that I disassembled and reassembled was only a 30 tall and I cannot imagine doing a bigger one by myself without enormous effort.

Hopefully you will have some assistance and very good luck!
So far its just been me and my trusty dolly! Ive learned some tricks moving tanks around by myself, though i think this is the largest i could move without assistance. It also helps that most of the tanks i pick up like this are old and banged up already and im preparing to fix them up so its ok if they take a couple nicks in transit.

This one lost some glass on one of the end panels when i almost lost control pivoting it. Thankfully its the end panel im replacing.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I think I would want a gantry and a hydraulic rollover trunnion.

I used to work for a place where we blew up huge sheets of Glass on purpose. I would never want to do it by accident.

Anyhow I don't have to worry about it because my wife will come undone if I buy a bigger tank. It's just not on my radar. ;)

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I think I would want a gantry and a hydraulic rollover trunnion.

I used to work for a place where we blew up huge sheets of Glass on purpose. I would never want to do it by accident.

Anyhow I don't have to worry about it because my wife will come undone if I buy a bigger tank. It's just not on my radar. ;)
My significant other enjoys the tanks when theyre finished, but not the preceding noise, dust, and mess of the setup. Ive been gradually working my way up but its hard to imagine i could fit anything larger without a bigger house. I generally only keep three tanks running at one time anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store