Razzo

Piranha
Original poster
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Real Name
Russ
Hey Guys, I am a regular on the AC Rift forum.

I have an advance compact (Olympus SP350 8.1 mp) - it's been a good camera and I have enjoyed using it for many years. In addition to aquarium photography, I enjoy wildlife photgraphy too. I love to take my camera with me when I wade fish my small SW Michigan spring fed trout streams. I have had the itch to graduate to a DSLR for a long time.

My 18 year old daughter, who is home on winter break from her freshman year of college, has informed me and the wife that she has a photography class 2nd semester that requires a DSLR. The level of camera that the class is requiring is a Cannon Rebel or equivalent.

Sounds like my chance to upgrade to a DSLR
So, the plan is that dad buys the new camera and my daughter barrows it for the semester. I have been saving my expense reimbursements from work for a couple months and I have the cash for it

Here is what I am looking at....

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...18_55mm_is_kit

What do you think?

The only down side is that I will have two weeks to play with it and then it goes to Florida with my daughter for a few months.

Russ

Razzo

Piranha
Original poster
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Real Name
Russ
By way of introduction, here are a few pics of my fish (African Cichlids) - btw, I also enjoy Paint Shop Pro too.

My A. calvus & compressiceps tank

My Muzi Gold Head comps (picture popped)

My black congo white pearl calvus

Orange fin comps

Brevis

C. Gibberosa (Kapampa)

Razzo

Piranha
Original poster
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Real Name
Russ
I made the purchase, the new DSLR should be here within a couple days. I am looking forward to the learning curve making the transition from a point & shoot.

Razzo

Piranha
Original poster
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Real Name
Russ
The new camera showed up - now the learning begins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store