Nikon d90 pop up flash failed again

Feeder Fish
Sep 9, 2009
LA, CA
I'm having the exact same problem with my D90 - the mechanism is broken though the latch seems fine. Google search turned up this thread and (I think) a few others...

entree18

Feeder Fish
Oct 6, 2009
Florida
entree18

I'm a brand new member. The D90 flash just stuck open on me - and I just landed in France on a photo shoot. (Shooting mat be an answer)

Sounds like a design defect. I'm going to tape it closed for now. Anyway, you're not alone.

A Chan

Feeder Fish
Aug 6, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have the same problem with me Nikno D-90. I was taking picture using the built in flash after the use it will not close. While taking pictures the camera was never drop or hit anywhere. I called nikon Tec. service and gave them my information and serial number. Also I have inform the operator that it was still under warranty for 90 days. The operator gave me the address to send the camera to be repaired. I paid $28. for ship and insurance. Two weeks later I did not received any information if they have received my camera. I called Nikon and they infromed me that they can not fix the camera because the camera is a gray marketed (bought from another country and shiped in to US without nikon permision) I told the operator I bought my Nikon D-90 online from a store at Brooklyn NY. and will send in the invoice. Which the operator stated that she can not do anything about it. I ask for a supervisor which he gave me no really information but just a run around about the govement is doing something about it. I asked what agency can I report this. He did not know. I asked if my nikon camera is made by nikon he stated yes. So, I asked him why nikon is not backing up it's own product. He did not answer that question but just kept on saying we will send back the camera to me. The stress I have with Nikon service was driving me crazy after paying over $1,200 for the set and they can't do anything about it. After THREE WEEKS I did not received my camera. I called the Nikon again and they said they did not send the camera yet. Now almost two months this summer they had my camera. I would never EVER recommend nikon due to this experience. They give you the run around and then act like it is beyond their control to help you. It is not customer service. But they take your hard earn money and run away. Sorry to say this to David Dentry (Gerneral Manager, Customer relation) This Nikon company literally disgusts

stan chung

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to hear that- grey sets have this problem.
They[the agents/distributors] don't feel responsibility to help. It's not just Nikon I'm afraid.
Hope you get your camera back and fixed soon-it's a very good camera-I love it. My picture count exceeded 30000 in two years.
When I get a new model- I would still keep old faithful as a back up.

djh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
diamond bar ca 91765
Nikon D90 Pop-Up Flash Stuck Open

Just a note to add to the list that the pop-up flash on my Nikon D90 stuck open while on vacation in January (2011). It will not stay closed. I have not pursued getting it fixed. I have taken a several hundred photos since the problem occurred. The camera works fine, and takes great photos, but it is annoying that the pop-up flash will not close. Would be interested if anyone has had success in getting the problem fixed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store