Nitrates are good lmao

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
This guy is convincing people not to do water changes and to do things that increase nitrates. He says there a “government study “ that backs his claims.
I read through comments on his vids and people are actually buying this crap and doing what he says

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
He's probably only able to do this with a heavily-planted 150 gallon and 6 neon tetras.
He said not to do WCs until nitrates get over 500ppm . Some of his followers are adding food and things to rot in the tank to increase nitrates

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
This can't be for real. This guy probably leaves dead fish to rot inside his aquarium for the "extra nitrates".
He makes a lot of crazy claims, encourages people to use dirt and leaves from a nearby ditch or pond as substrate, says not to feed your fish or interfere in anyway and let nature care for the tank, while having SA and rifties in the same tank lol

Reactions: Muserudita

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I love it when he says that an actual aquatics lab came to this conclusion...and adds that it was a government lab at that...as though that is somehow sweetening the pot...:uhoh:

His methodology is perfect for lazy people; virtually nothing to do once you set the tank up. It's probably very appealing to the sort of aquarist who wants a tank full of fish but doesn't appreciate the fact that everyone is telling him/her what needs to be done in terms of maintenance. People like that are always dropping little pearls into their threads along the lines of "well, I read on the internet..." or "I've been told..." or whatever. Here's somebody telling them that what they want to do...i.e. nothing...is the correct course! Of course they will flock to follow him!

Last edited:

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Just...what??? 😬

Personally, I assume anything government related is a giant cluster-f*@& of anti-actual-knowledge so for me, "government lab" is MORE reason to call BS on his claims, not less lol.

Wowza.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store