No easy way.

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
Planning on getting a new one?
Not a flowerhorn unfortunately, there not easy to get hold of where I am i had to ship Eddie in and he was 3 days late and nearly dead.

Eddie was also my first flowerhorn and I have learnt there not as strong as a fish (immune system wise) as I thought, I had troubles with Eddie I had never faced in 20 years of fish keeping.

I'm currently Tring to source some piebald midas to grow out as a wet pet alternative but struggling, thinking of a jaguar also but I want something more interact so to speak and not sure if I would get that from a jag.

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
If you want a wet pet
Amphilopus > parachromis IMO ,this is coming from someone that only kept amphilopus/amphilopus hybrids though.Most jags i've seen didn't really have interact with people.
edit :amphilophus

Reactions: Caveden

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Jag is supposed to be the most interactive parachromis, but amph is definitely where to go for interaction. You could also look into the rarer species like hogas.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
If you want a wet pet
Amphilopus > parachromis IMO ,this is coming from someone that only kept amphilopus/amphilopus hybrids though.Most jags i've seen didn't really have interact with people.
edit :amphilophus
Jag is supposed to be the most interactive parachromis, but amph is definitely where to go for interaction. You could also look into the rarer species like hogas.
Yeah I think Amphilopus is the way I'm going to go they seam to be a lot more flowerhorn like than most other fish, its just getting my hands on them no where seams to want to get them in.

Reactions: Deadeye

Randles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2021
UK
Yeah I think Amphilopus is the way I'm going to go they seam to be a lot more flowerhorn like than most other fish, its just getting my hands on them no where seams to want to get them in.
Stunning fish, really like them....But if it was me it would be Oscars. Never have I laughed so much at fish in my all life. They are truly nuts. If I had room Id have some amphilopus but saying that I want everything lol

Randles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2021
UK
Stunning fish, really like them....But if it was me it would be Oscars. Never have I laughed so much at fish in my all life. They are truly nuts. If I had room Id have some amphilopus but saying that I want everything lol
Also you could try Sims they usually have them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store